Development Agency of the Municipality of Čakovec – Čakra
The Development Agency of the Municipality of Čakovec – Čakra Ltd., was founded in 2007 by a Decree of the City Council as the sole founder and Member of the Society.
The fundamental goals and activities of the Agency:
- designing developmental strategies and plans for local development
- orientation toward drawing assets from funds
- preparing projects for drawing assets from European funds for the City of Čakovec, the institutions of the City of Čakovec and the associations active in the Čakovec City area
- implementing projects chosen for co-financing from European funds for the City of Čakovec, the institutions of the City of Čakovec and the associations active in the Čakovec City area
- professional assistance for small and medium-sized enterprises from the wider City area – drafting investment surveys, feasibility studies, business plans and preparing projects for the application to Croatian and European funds open to the private sector
- informing the public on the process of accession of Croatia to the European Union by organizing seminars and workshops on this subject, providing training on the preparation and implementation of projects
Since 2007 until today the Agency has implemented and participated as partner in more than a dozen of projects financed from EU funds and various other sources.