The project ''Earlier inclusion of Roma children in education system'' – pilot project ''Let's go to kindergarten'' is implemented within the IPA pre-accession support programme as part of Component IV: Human Resources Development.
It is implemented within the grant scheme “Integration of disadvantaged groups in regular education system’’. The Roma population is poorly included into pre-school education, and its members frequently fail to finish elementary school education. A better effectiveness in Roma education would be achieved if Roma children were included into pre-school programmes already at the age of 5.
Apart from the main user, the Kindergarten Čakovec, two other partner organisations cooperate on the project as partners: Association of Pre-school Educators ''Krijesnice'' and the Development Agency of the Municipality of Čakovec, Čakra Ltd.
The implementation began on the 22nd of August 2013, and the foreseen duration of the project is 18 months. Throughout the implementation period various activities are to be organised.
The total budget of the project is 178,500 Euros, with 135,660 Euros supplied by the European Union (76%), while the main user's share amounts to the remaining 42,840 Euros (24%).